Michigan Jaguars Players Code of Conduct
These are primary conduct guidelines of the Michigan Jaguars. These guidelines cannot possibly cover every situation that will arise over the course of a season, and under certain situations, exceptions can be made according to the best judgment of the head coach. Please keep in mind, however, that the head coach is responsible to the entire team, player families, and the Jaguars soccer program. All decisions will be made with those obligations in mind.
The Jaguars expect all participants to maintain a high standard of conduct at all times, and will enforce the standard firmly and fairly. If and when violations occur, the violator will receive disciplinary action from the Jaguars according to its rules and policies.
Standard of Conduct
- Be a good sport, whether you win or lose! Show a positive attitude toward your teammates, your coaches, game officials and people watching the game.
- Respect the people you play against and exhibit good sportsmanship.
- Follow the rules and expectations set by your team, league and or club.
- Attend all team events and support your team at all times.
- All players are responsible and required to have appropriate uniforms and equipment according club standard.
- Respect for property of others, adherence to the rules and guidelines as specified here or by the Coach/Administrator and observance of State and Federal laws are required for participation in the program.
- Substance use and/or possession thereof (drugs, alcohol, and/or tobacco) is cause for immediate dismissal from the program.
- Irresponsible and disrespectful behavior is cause for dismissal from the program.
- Destruction of property or violation of State and Federal laws is cause for dismissal from the program.
- Failure to comply with any and all camp or team rules (curfew, attendance, dress code, schedules, etc.) may be cause for disciplinary action. Persistent failure will be cause for dismissal from the program and could affect player’s future participation.